Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pinch Hitters

Here's to being a pinch hitter. Here's to having other friends that are willing to pinch hit with me. Here's to fancy events with free dinner, exposure to famous people (nice to meet you, 24's President Palmer) and generous gift bags. Here's to a good excuse to look for a new dress (even though this time I didn't find one on such late notice). Here's to the Grand America, where I never tire of going.

Even though some nights I don't want to scramble for a date and just want to stay home in my pj's, I can't deny that the little girl in me dreamed of being able to attend such events. Whenever I consider turning down these last minute offers, I channel the 14-year-old in me, and usually end up accepting.

Maybe someday I will not be single and have other things happening in my life, leaving me unavailable to be called upon at the last minute to 'pinch hit.' However, for now, I will remain in the elite group of ThomasArts pinch hitters.

Val (friend first, co-worker second) and Katie (roommate, turned pinch hitter) below:

2 comments:

valerie said...

i'll pinch hit with you anytime

Natalie said...

I swear, if I'm not on your list of pinch hitters....
I love you friend!