Tuesday, August 5, 2008

In the SugarHouse...

Life is sweet (Get it? SugarHouse... sweet? It's a pun).

Granted, I moved 10 minutes up the road; and granted, I have called SugarHouse my home for a mere 4 days, but I am falling in love with my new surroundings.

As such, I would like to outline a few of the things I so adore about about this southerly region of Salt Lake
  • Running to my gym through leafy tree-lined streets in only 7 minutes.
  • The grocery store (which I like to call "the market" because it sounds more European and quaint) and gelato shop within very close walking distance.
  • Realizing that in a house with a basement, everything really can have a place - even if that place means just hiding it out of site and out of mind.
  • A 10 minute shorted commute.
  • Feeling like I can do earthy things - like shopping at the farmer's market or Whole Foods, riding my bike to this and that, and tending to my lawn (Well, I haven't done that yet, but I could if I wanted to. We have a hose.).
  • Stained glass.
  • Great roommates.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Cheryl! Two blogs in one day! FINALLY, a blogger who can satisfy my needs. I crave new material. Bless you, dear friend.