Monday, August 4, 2008

To new beginnings...

So... peer pressure has been telling me for quite some time that I need to start a blog. It's apparently the thing to do. However, lingering questions such as the following have haunted me, such that I never mustered the courage to do it:

"But what will I say?"
"Can I post pictures of me, rather than of my non-existent cute squishy children?"
"Who on earth would want to read it?"

Having just moved in to a fantastic new house, and in spite of this psychological intimidation, I am feeling emboldened due to my fresh new perspective on life. I have realized that I enjoy other's blogs, and, if no one other than my own mother reads mine, I will enjoy blogging just as much as the next 21st Century kid.

So, I tribute this new blog to new beginnings.
To new perspective.
To the mundane things that make life wonderful.
And finding opportunities to just get it out there.

7 comments:

Margo said...

So here's your own mother, reading your blog. I mean, I had to make the first comment, right? Now let's see whether you can hook in anybody else...

Brit said...

welcome to the blogging world, girl! Your house is SOOOOOO cute! Can't wait to read your blog posts and post some pics of the inside of your house! I'd love to see it!

Jenny said...

I am a huge fan already. Seriously.

valerie said...

if i had a glass filled with the bubbly stuff, i'd raise it and make a toast to you

sincerely, val

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl. Your home is beautiful. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog! Hope all is well, it sounds like it is.

Anonymous said...

WOW! cheryl your house is so cute! and believe it or not you will attract lots of readers -- i have enjoyed reading your blog already. Post more pictures of the house!

Tess said...

Welcome. I'm glad I found your blog...you're helping my Friday not seem quite so far away. I love your house...it's very cute!